Friday, November 20, 2009

How Do I Get Out of Using Retin-A?

I'm 17, and I have moderate acne, but all the red marks old breakouts left behind makes my face look really bad. My mother took me to a doctor (just a normal pediatrician) who prescribed me Retin-A. I'm reading reviews about it, and I really don't want to use it, because it sounds like scary stuff. I hear that for the first few weeks, your face is totally disfigured by severe breakouts, and it leaves permanent scars. Just what I need. Then I read warning labels about possible carcinogenic potential. My skin is already very sensitive and dry, so using stuff that's reputed to dry your skin to the point of bleeding scares me. Also, I would no longer be able to get my eyebrows waxed. I would rather use a more natural way to get healthier skin, because this stuff seems waayy too harsh. I'm sticking to a "no-junk-food" diet, drinking tons of water %26amp; taking zinc tablets, but my mom insists I use this stuff because, "the doctor said so". But I don't always trust the medical industry.

How Do I Get Out of Using Retin-A?
try it at a low conacentration


and work yr way up with retin a








if you find it too harsh then stop it





but atleast test it out
Reply:Its not scary stuff but good stuff. It treats acne, fades the acne marks snd heals acne scars. I don't know where you have been reading those rubbish but this stuff doesn't dry your skin till it bleeds and does not cause severe breakouts! Its suppose to treat the acne and heal those scars. I use this stuff even twice a day and it works very well for me. I am clear for 5 years due to this and i basically become fairer. Yes it may be carcinogenic but only when you expose it to the sun because it is UV sensitive. Retin-A may even have anti-ageing properties.





Yes I agree your face will become a bit dry and sensitive during the first few weeks because your skin is adjusting to it but soon you will get use to it and see the difference. Basically Retin-A speeds up skin renewal by removing the dead and old skin cells and increase the formation of new ones.





I do agree that it may be harsh on sensitive skin but its still good stuff. You can take my suggestion: Firstly don't ever apply Retin-A in the day because of its sensitivity to sunlight, apply it only at night, best is before you sleep. Secondly, get the lowest concentration of Retin-A possible, try the low concentration first before going for higher and if you are using the gel form, switch to the cream type, its milder and does not dry out your skin that much. Lastly, since you say your skin is sensitive, apply it to areas where you need the treatment like acne and acne marks. Don't apply to the whole face.





Give it a try! Its good stuff.

alstroemeria

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive